How does it work?
- BFAIR assesses your job opportunity and how we can meet your employment needs
- We provide employers with a reliable workforce
- A one-time tax incentive for employers who participate in this program
- Your work is accomplished while providing employment for people with disabilities
The MRC Competitive Integrated Employment Services (CIES) program provides assessment, career exploration, skills training, and job placement, support to assist consumers in their efforts to maintain competitive employment in an integrated work setting. Through the CIES service components, consumers can receive the individualized services and supports they need to achieve and maintain successful employment.
Job trials are an essential component of this service, affording the person with a disability and the employer a genuine experience of working together to determine a potential fit for both parties. Job trials allow consumers a chance to demonstrate their work skills.
Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) are designed to support students with disabilities in their transition from school into adult life
To be eligible for Pre-ETS services, students must be between the ages of 18-22 with a disability, and be enrolled in high school, college, or other educational institution.
Student internships provide students with opportunities for coveted work experiences. They are beneficial to employers as they offer immediate rewards without a hiring commitment. BFAIR covers the cost of the internship to the student while the employer provides the work experience.
Work Readiness Training
- Learn the foundational skills needed to obtain and maintain employment
- Mock interviews
- Resume writing
- Explore career interests
- Job shadow experiences
- Informational interviews
Work-Based Learning Experience
- Hands-on work experience in the community
- Volunteer and internship opportunities
Introduction to Self-Advocacy
- Financial literacy through Greylock Federal Credit Union
- Learn how to use public transportation
Counseling on Post-Secondary enrollment opportunities
- Campus tours and college fairs
- Learn about student financial aid opportunities
Community partners participating in the BFAIR Employment Services program:
- BFAIR Bottle & Can Redemption Center
- Pittsfield Veterinary Hospital
- The YMCA
- City of North Adams
- North Adams Housing Authority
- AJ’s Trailside Pub
- AFC – Advanced
- The Log by