Accessibility Statement for BFAIR website
This is an accessibility statement from Berkshire Family & Individual Resource.
Measures to support accessibility
Berkshire Family & Individual Resource takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of BFAIR website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. BFAIR website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of BFAIR website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on BFAIR website:
- Phone: 413-664-9382
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor Address: 771 South Church Street, North Adams, MA 01247
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
BFAIR website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
BFAIR website is not compatible with:
- Browsers older than 2 major versions, Mobile operating systems older than 3 years
Accessibility of BFAIR website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of BFAIR website , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for BFAIR website:
- Comments from users: Uploaded images may not have text alternatives because we cannot ensure the quality of contributions. Review media library yearly and provide alternative tags. Contact email@example.com if you encounter this issue and can’t resolve it.
- Some issues found by WAVE: Low contrast Issues where legibility of text or content not always in high contrast because WordPress global theme setting global stylesheet styles to low contrast. Installed plugin to allow users to modify contrast if necessary to make the text more legible. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter this issue and can’t resolve it.
- Some issues found by WAVE: because Empty links provided by the global theme. Provided alt tags for all images. Contact email@example.com if you encounter this issue and can’t resolve it.
- Some issues found by WAVE: Missing Form labels because Form fields generated by external vendors/plugins not adding in Form labels. Dismantled non-conforming forms where possible; removed popup forms and other modal elements. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter this issue and can’t resolve it.
Berkshire Family & Individual Resource assessed the accessibility of BFAIR website by the following approaches: